Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Calmer of the Storm

When everything is wrong,
Day has passed and nothing's done,
And the whole world seems against me;
When I'm rolling in my bed,
There's a storm in my head;
I'm afraid of sinking in despair.

Teach me, Lord, to have faith that what You're bringing me
will change my life and bring You glory.
There on the storm I am learning to let go
of the will that I so long to control.
There may I be in Your arms eternally;
I Thank You, Lord, You are the calmer of the storm.

You rebuke the winds and the waves,
Once again I find I'm amazed
at the power of Your will.
'Cause I'm a child of little faith,
I feel the wind and forget Your grace,
And You say, "Peace, be still."
Teach me, Lord, to have faith that what you're bringing me
will change my life and bring You glory.

There on the storm I am learning to let go
of the will that I so long to control;
There may I be in Your arms eternally.
Thank You, Lord, You are the calmer of the storm.

Oh, when the torrent blows in the middle of the sea
May I never trust, never trust in me.
'Cause there in Your arms I find no tragedy.

There on the storm I am learning to let go;
The white waves high, it's crashing over the deck,
And I don't know where to go.
Where are You Lord?
Is this ship going down?
The mast is gone, so throw the anchor;
Should I jump and try to swim to land?

There on the storm,
Teach me, God, to understand of Your Will that I just cannot control.
There may I see all Your love protecting me;
I thank You, Lord, You are the calmer of the storm.

7 Comments:

At 11/30/2005 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That poem is kind of cool. And that is a huge compliment coming from me since I normally despise poetry. God bless.

 
At 11/30/2005 9:57 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

These are lyrics to the song by Downhere. Should have put that in the post. My bad. :)

 
At 11/30/2005 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all so clear to me now. It wasn't a poem after all. It was a song. Sweet.

 
At 11/30/2005 11:27 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Curtis, you're a dork. :) What's the difference? Are not psalms poetry, also? :)

 
At 12/01/2005 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psalms are poetry, but they are inspired by the Holy Spirit. I mean, who can beat God at poetry?

 
At 12/01/2005 10:15 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

I saw Downhere in concert once, but the bass in the speakers were so loud I was not able to hear what they were saying. Those are great lyrics. Thanks for posting, and thanks for commenting at my blog!!

 
At 1/17/2006 12:34 AM, Blogger Widsith said...

Very cool! I was searching for these lyrics tonight and all the typical lyrics websites left one of the sections out of the song! Anyway, it's cool to come across someone else who has posted these lyrics in a blog, as I plan to post them in mine tonight!! :)

Blessings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home