Friday, November 11, 2005

She is a fighter! Meet Rory:

Here is a recent post from Rory, a just-turned-fifteen year old girl with Leukemia and a beautiful heart in love with Jesus, fighting for life but submitted to His will. Read and be amazed.

hey everyone..i dont have much to say today. just another ordinary "germ free" day...woo...hoo...

i love you all for your comments...everyone of you are amazing and i am so thankful for you guys.

so my brothers, yes all 12 of them, sent me a monkey w toe socks on..lol..they are incredible, i love monkies and toesocks, and i begged and begged my nurses to let me have it in my room, so they finally sanitized it for me, and i get to cuddle it and have a lil happiness in my room. and knowing its from my brothers makes it 1000x better. i miss all of them so much. i miss Rob the most, we are identical twins and we have never been apart for more than a day. this is torture for us both and of course the rest of my family.

i cannot breath very well anymore, i have to wear one of those oxygen masks full time now. my Dr. wont tell me straight out why this is happening, but i know. it is b/c im starting to lose my battle. but im not done fighting! it is not my time to go yet, i know it. God will let me know when i need to quit fighting and let him take me home. and it is not right now.

one of the perks to being in isolation, is...sound proof walls. so i can listen to music. that is the only perk, but hey, its a good one i guess lol. i have been listening to Casting Crowns, and Matthew West, and Relient K. those are my 3 favrit bands. they keep my spirits up, somewhat, i guess. whch is good.

i read Psalms 31 last night. and it reminds me of what sooo many people are going through, not just me, many many many more people are going through the same and worse. i would type it, but i am so tired, and i just finished chemo for today and dont feel to good. so if you read this, read Psalms 31 and pray for all of those people and children and teens who are being bullied, or going through cancer, or anything that is important to them and you that may not be somthing as big, but is huge to them. we all have our own mountain to climb, whether it be chemo or just going to school, or facing a person. it is hard for you or that pwrson and they need our prayers to.

well, that is all i have for now, your all in my prayers as well....

rory

Earlier in the week she wrote:

I saw somthing that really amazed me today. i have a window in my room that looks out into the PICU (pediatrics intensive care unit), it is there so nurses can look in on me incase somthing was to happen and i needed help and just to check in on me. today, i saw a couple that could not have been more than 18, either that or they just looked very young...they have a newborb baby across the hall that i can see perfectly. it is a girl, she is so tiny, i asked about her to one of my nurses, and she told me the baby was only 5 months along when she was born. she weighs only 1lb! she is so tiny. and she cannot breath on her own or even eat. but she is now 6 days old. she shouldnt have survived the night she was born. she is just a tiny thing and she is so strong, the nurse tells me she has such a strong grip, it would amaze me. she is such a small baby, i cant believe she is a human, how God could make such a tiny little girl, and how he could make her be so strong! it shows me, that, God can make tiny miracles just like her, he can let her survive, and i pray that she does make it. because she is adorable and is perfect other then her weight and not being able to breath or eat. but if she can just fight, she will be able to eat on her own, breath on her own someday. she has no mental disabilities or anything like that. she was simply born to early. but my point was, if a tiny innocent helpless baby can fight that strongly, i can to. i was about ready to give up and let go, i was, and i still am so tired, but i want to graduate high school, and graduate college. i want to be a forensic scientist, and get married and have a family, before i go home w/ God and Jesus. and i am determined to make those dreams come true. that tiny little miracle, and all of your guy's support, has motivated me to keep going. and i will fight till i beat this, or till God tells me it is time to let go and come home. i just wish onne of those things would hurry up and happen. hopefully the survivng dream, but if that is not in the cards for me, that it is ok, i am not afraid. God will do what he has planned for me.

visit Rory's blog, encourage her, pray for her... www.xanga.com/rory_goes_rawr

1 Comments:

At 11/11/2005 6:06 PM, Blogger fisherofmen_matt_4_19 said...

that's incredible...the Spirit is powerful in her life

 

Post a Comment

<< Home