Wednesday, August 03, 2005

God is Good!

Well, more awesomeness delivered by our great God:

A few months ago I corresponded a bit with a young man in northern NH who had recently accepted the Lord and was looking for a church... but then I didn't hear from him.

UNTIL TONIGHT! He came to prayer meeting at my church and he is ON FIRE for Christ! It's just awesome to see. And - testimony to God's sovereignty and all around totally mind-blowingly crazy goodness - my friend Andy lives in the town over (his family moved up there recently), so they can hang out and even car pool to church! So good! His name's Kyle - keep him in prayer - and I'm psyched to get to know him well.

Not this weekend but the one after I'm having a bon fire at my house with friends from work and church - please lift this up to the LORD. My brother will be home, and my dad, and I pray especially that Heath may get to know some people his age who love Jesus. Kyle's a musician, too - so is Heath. And I'm inviting George from the deli. Pray that we can both have the night off.

Also really awesome: my dear friend and brother Luke is coming to visit in September. We've been corresponding on and off for a year or so, and will meet for the first time on his first visit to the north east in autumn! God's timing is perfect and I'm so excited to talk face to face with this brother in Christ.

God, You blow me away time and again. I love You. Thank You in Christ's name. Amen.

2 Comments:

At 8/04/2005 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Amanda. It is good to hear about all the good stuff God is doing through you. Keep up the good work. I will definately keep the bon fire gathering in my prayers as well as Heath and your Dad. God bless, Amanda.

 
At 8/05/2005 10:24 AM, Blogger Callmeteem said...

God really is incredible. May He be present at the bonfire.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home