Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the Word of Life...

Brother Matthew is traveling to be with his family and dying grandfather in Ohio, and he blogs these words as he prepares to go:

...I will be about the work of the LORD - serving my family in the most loving way I know: by bearing witness to the Truth, giving reasons for the Hope that I know, and fighting for my grandfather’s Soul with all that I am capable. Though his Salvation is my desire, I know the battle is the LORD's - and it is by the Grace of GOD that one comes to Faith, not my clumsy speech.

Now at his life's twilight, my dear grandfather is clinging so fearfully to his life - under the horrible distress of a great dread that he can scarcely understand in total, but still knows well enough within his heart. Despite a long life lived without knowing Christ, he knows that beyond the veil lays something he does not wish to face.

Even as I write this, my mind is reverberating with the Holy harmonies of the Word of GOD. Verses sing through my mind and my heart throbs heavily within the resonant chamber of my chest. O, may I be strong in the LORD and in the strength of His might - may truth-filled words be given to me in opening my mouth boldly, to proclaim the mystery of the Gospel to they that are without hope. May my words be compassionate and genuine; loving and truthful.

Almighty Father, I am ready to make war - in the hopes that there might be peace for those that I love.

O, that I would live this out everyday in my home. Tonight I am weak and weary from fighting. I weep before my Lord and my brethren asking so much, but not expecting enough. This - my self of little faith - will see no glory. I must ask with HOPE and EXPECTATION - ask believing! Yea, it is hard to believe when I search with human eyes, reasoning with human logic... But my eyes have been opened! My heart knows possibility that defies reasoning except by that of Christ.

Spirit, fill me with a faith and hope that trusts fully in the ability and perfection of my God. Show me again how big You are, Father, that I may laugh at my despairing in light of Your powerful Hand. You are Good. You have been good. You will be good. I trust in Your unfailing love, and in my weakness, I am made strong in Your strength. Uphold me, Father, in Your righteous right hand that I might not doubt and sin against You. Glorify Thy name in all the earth; glorify Thy name in my home. In Christ's name only, I believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home