Friday, August 12, 2005

Pray for our brother Matthew in Ohio right now

Matthew has landed in Ohio and is there with his family. My heart leaps at the possibility that is in our Lord! Read on...

Two of my cousins picked me up from the airport just as I stepped off the plane, greeting me warmly and playing with my hair. "It's sooo bee-yoo-ta-fool," they squeal. "Oh don't go on about it," I say with a laugh and a wave of the hand.

We headed to my grandparents house straight-away, talking for the entire drive. I am amazed - for my young cousins have... missed me. 'Tis very touching.

My grandfather met me at the porch and seemed to recoil in amazement at the sight of me, his eyes lit up and laughed heartily as I embraced and lifted his frail form - kissing him on either cheek. My grandmother was next, and I knelt beside the wheelchair to greet her in love and affection.

We sat out on the porch in the cool Ohio afternoon and talked for a good long while, sharing news of the family spread out across the continent. Some have passed on and others have only just entered the world. Our family limps along as so many do, with times of grave trouble and sadness - as well as, with blessed news and gladness.

After a few moments of quiet, my grandmother tells me that it seems that I am surrounded by a great light - that by simply coming into my presence she feels a vigor she has not known for a long time. My grandfather echoes this sentiment in his wry-gruff demeanor.

I smile and lower my head to compose the raging emotion within me. I speak slowly and calmly.

"If there is a light, it can only be a reflected one.
I come in the name of my LORD to love and serve you."
Oh, dear Matthew, praise the Lord for His life that is within You. Thank you for being faithful to Him. Father, glorify Yourself in his family. Save his grandfather, that he may bow before You and confess Your name now, while he is alive and not without hope. In the name of Jesus Christ, AMEN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home