Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Moved, settling, beginning

2006 began a new year (to state the obvious) and a bit of a new course in my life. The next stone in my pathway has been laid in front of the one I'm on, and I'm right at that point of transferring weight from old to new. I've learned (the less-easy way) not to try and place my own stones, marking out the path several steps ahead, because inevitably just as I've announced where I'll be leaping to after this and then that and then such... God says, "Um, no you won't, Amanda. You're staying right where you are until I place the next stone, and then you'll go there."

So for the past while, since things have been up in the air in different areas and ways, I've been asked "What are you going to do? What's your plan?" etc., and I've said, "I don't know, yet. I'm waiting." Which interestingly isn't always a welcome response. Somehow giving a self-made answer that will likely not turn out appeases the multitude more than an I don't know right now, but when God makes a way, I'll do that. Thankfully, appeasing the multitudes is not a driving purpose for my life, and there is SO much blessing in waiting to follow the Lord, and being taken where I wouldn't have believed if I'd been told. ;)

I'm now living with a family from church. It's been three years since I lived with all believers everyday - I'd forgotten how truly good it is to simply be accepted as who I am in Christ, without question. To have scripture hanging on the walls and bookshelves with godly instruction; for prayer to be expected as we sit down together for dinner; to have friends be welcome visitors whom the family wants to know... what a relieving home culture.

This afternoon I'll attend orientation for the Medical Assistant training program that begins on Monday. In nine months I will be a certified M.A. But that's the next stone - for the moment I'm beginning training. :) The school schedule fits quite perfectly with my deli schedule - the closing shift at work begins half an hour after I get out of class, and the store is only a short drive away. I have Fridays off from both work and school so I can continue meeting with the Ladies' Bible study and the Kids' Club and Youth Group at night. And finally, Sunday will be for the Lord and resting. I so look forward to that.

When God places the next stone and says, "This is next, my child. It is good," then I'll let you know where I'm headed. For now I stand content on this one, knowing that it, indeed, is good.

I hope you all enter the new year ready and resolved to not waste it; to walk with Christ as the blazing focal point, leading you in and to His glory. May He bless you and keep you: Praise God! For His name's sake, He will!:)

2 Comments:

At 1/04/2006 3:44 PM, Blogger fisherofmen_matt_4_19 said...

steady as she goes, sis :) the voyage you are on is one with many winds...some which subtly guide you, some which are strong gales, and some which are refreshing breezes...all are the Lord's work...Happy New Year :)

 
At 1/04/2006 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is an excellent attitude to take. Keep up the good work, and continue to be patient. God will work all out for your good. God bless, sis. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home