Thursday, August 25, 2005

Quick Update

I'm sleepy and about to go to bed, but for those who wonder...

We had the bon fire on Saturday night. Friends from all different connections came and we had a really good time in the Lord. I can write more later. Heath (my brother) was out with us, and my dad. We were praying, and Heath stopped us to share his thoughts on God. My friend Tim asked him if he'd ever asked God to reveal the truth to him, and Heath said, "Yeah, and it tore me apart." or something like that. He saw his own ruin and ran from it. My brother battles constantly. Much sharing of thoughts and truths fireside... Heath went inside and we all prayed for him. Where else could you turn from there?

Quietly watching and listening, my dad stayed the whole time. Through singing, sharing, praying, discussing with Heath, praying for Heath... Dad was right there. Afterward, Dad, Josh, and I stood aside the fire talking about what Heath had said, about the struggle of the Christian life, about the hugeness of God, my dad listening to Josh and me. I asked my dad for the first time, "What do you think about all this?" and he said, "I'm learning, I guess."

He came to Sunday school and church the next morning.

Continue to pray for my lost family. God is working in them; it's only a matter of time. Thank you for all your prayers already. You can see them being answered, hey?! Our God is an awesome God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home