Monday, September 12, 2005

Your Word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path!!

Who am I
That the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name,
Would care to feel my hurt?
Who am I
That the Bright and Morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart?
Not because of who I am,
But because of what You've done;
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who You Are!
I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow;
A wave tossed in the ocean;
A vapor in the wind.
Still You hear me when I'm calling;
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling,
And You've told me who I am...
I am Yours, I am Yours!
Who Am I
That the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love and watch me rise again?
Who Am I
That the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me?
I am Yours
Whom shall I fear?
Whom shall I fear
'Cause I am Yours,
I am Yours!
Casting Crowns lyrics
The Lord is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?!
The Lord is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?!
When the wicked came against me
To eat up my flesh,
My enemies and foes,
They stumbled and fell!!
Though an army may encamp against me,
My heart shall not fear;
Though war may rise against me,
In this I will be confident!
One thing I have desired of the Lord,
That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the Lord,
And to inquire in His temple.
For in the time of trouble
He shall hide me in His pavilion;
In the secret place of His tabernacle
He shall hide me;
He shall set me high upon a rock.
And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me;
Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle;
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord!
Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice!
Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
When You said, "Seek My face,"
My heart said to You, "Your face, Lord, I will seek."
Do not hide You face from me;
Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
You have been my help;
Do not leave me nor forsake me,
O God of my salvation.
When my father and my mother forsake me,
Then the Lord will take care of me.
Teach me Your way, O Lord,
And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.
Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries;
For false witnesses have risen against me,
And such as breathe out violence.
I would have lost heart, except that I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.
Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!
(Psalm 27)
Remember what the Lord has done!
Remember Who He is!
Remember who you are!
Joshua speaks to God's people - to his family and the future generation - as he is old and about to die:
"You have seen all that the Lord your God
has done to all these nations because of you,
for the Lord your God is He who has fought for you.
Therefore be very courageous
to keep and do all that is written
in the Book of the Law of Moses...
...hold fast to the Lord your God,
as you have done to this day.
One man of you shall chase a thousand,
for the Lord your God is He who fights for you,
as He promised you.
Therefore take careful heed to yourselves,
that you love the Lord your God.
Behold, this day I am going the way of all the earth(I'm dying).
And you know in all your hearts and in all your souls that
NOT ONE THING HAS FAILED
OF ALL THE GOOD THINGS
WHICH THE LORD YOUR GOD SPOKE
concerning you.
Now therefore, fear the Lord,
serve Him in sincerity and truth,
and put away the gods which your fathers served...
Serve the Lord!
And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord,
choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...
whether the gods your father served...
or the gods of the Amorites...
BUT AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSE,
WE WILL SERVE THE LORD.
...He is a holy God.
He is a jealous God.
If you forsake the Lord and serve foreign gods,
then He will turn and do you harm
and consume you,
after He has done you good.
Now therefore, put away the foreign gods
which are among you,
and incline your heart to the Lord God of Israel."
(Joshua 23~24)
Remember Who He Is
(Deuteronomy 8~11)
...remember that the Lord your God led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you and test you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not.
Beware that you do not forget the Lord your God by not keeping His commandments, His judgements, and His statutes...
...when your heart is lifted up, [do not] forget the Lord your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage; who led you through that great and terrible wilderness... who brought water for you... who fed you with manna... that He might humble you and that He might test you, to do you good in the end...
...understand today that the Lord your God is He who goes over before you as a consuming fire.
And now, [people of God], what does the Lord your God require of you, but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways, and to love Him; to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to keep the commandments of the Lord and His statutes which I command you today for your good?
Indeed heaven and the highest heavens belong to the Lord your God,
Also the earth with all that is in it.
The Lord delighted only in your fathers, to love them;
and He chose their descendants after them, you above all peoples, as it is this day.
Therefore circumcise the foreskins of your heart, and be stiff-necked no longer.
For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords,
the great God, mighty and awesome,
who shows no partiality nor takes a bribe.
He administers justice for the fatherless and the widow, and loves the stranger, giving him food and clothing. Therefore love the stranger, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.
You shall fear the Lord your God;
you shall serve Him,
and to Him you shall hold fast,
and take oaths in His name.
He is your praise,
and He is your God,
who has done for you these great and awesome things which your eyes have seen.
Your fathers went down to Egypt with seventy persons,
and now the Lord your God has made you as the stars of heaven in multitude.
...lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
You shall teach them to your children,
speaking of them when you sit in your house,
when you walk by the way,
when you lie down,
and when you rise up.
And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates...
...love the Lord your God...
walk in all His ways...
and hold fast to Him
...you were a slave...and the Lord your God redeemed you...
deuteronomy 15:15
The Lord God is a sun and shield;
The Lord will give grace and glory;
No good thing will He withhold
From those who walk uprightly.
psalm 84:11
The mountains melt like wax at the presence of the Lord...
psalm 97:5
Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker.
For He is our God,
And we are the people of His pasture,
And the sheep of His hand.
psalm 95:6-7
Among the gods there is none like You, O Lord;
Nor are there any works like Your works.
All nations whom You have made
Shall come and worship before You, O Lord,
And shall glorify Your name.
For You are great, and do wondrous things;
You alone are God.
Teach me Your way, O Lord;
I will walk in Your truth;
Unite my heart to fear Your name.
psalm 86:8-11
I will never forget Your precepts,
For by them You have given me life.
psalm 119:93

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home