Saturday, September 10, 2005

Come as you are, moment by moment

I feel I should preface this post with an apology of sorts for the less-than-cheery content of recent entries. In truth, life at the moment is a bit extreme - there are really awesome things happening and really incomprehensible trials at the same time. The personal trials are just uncertainties that the Lord will work out in time.

I'm feeling a bit weighted by the trials of my brethren. Please pray for Pat Klimas - she was diagnosed with advanced lung cancer recently and after beginning treatments broke her hip. Within the past weeks she developed a blood clot in her leg. It just seems to be one thing after the other. Her mother had passed away right before she was diagnosed with cancer. Her husband is not saved, and her daughter is to be married next summer.

Also an unspoken prayer request for another part of the Body. For God's provision in a miraculous way if it is possible; never-the-less, His will be done.

A relative of a family in my church, Brett, has had several friends commit suicide. This weighs so heavily on my heart. Two people I loved killed themselves when I was growing up, two others tried, my brother tried several times. It hurts like nothing else. Lord, be his comfort and his shield and strength. Be his rock and peace.

All the ministries start up again this week with new studies beginning. I'm part of the Missions Team and helping with the Kids' Club, and will attend the Ladies' Study and college/career small group. David will be teaching through "primitive theology" in Sunday school (the basics of what we believe and why) and I'm excited to see my dad learn more about God through it. Waiting in anticipation and hope for his final surrender to Christ. My mom signed up to be discipled! My friend Luke is coming to visit next weekend for four days! I have four days off work! :) Going hiking, to the coast in Maine, through Portsmouth, having another bon fire (though a smaller one).

Classes started and I've spoken to both my professors a bit after class - I really want to get to know them well. Completed writing assignment #1: an in-class response to an article. Basically respond in any way to any part or the whole. The article suggested that Bin Laden and al Qaeda attacked the US as a way to begin a holy war between a Christian government and the smaller Muslim region, the motivation being to unite the Islamic people world-wide. In response, I wrote about the unification of a people - particularly of a religious brethren - and compared this idea of how al Qaeda presumably seeks unification with how the God of the Bible unites His people. The purpose of the assignment was simply to give the prof an idea of our writing abilities. I'm grateful for the opportunity to get back into practice with organization of thoughts: developing a thesis and writing intentionally to support it in a clear, concise manner. As you can see from my blogging, it won't happen unintentionally. :)

Curtis in Seafood continues to be a blessing. He somehow senses when I am heavy-laden regardless of how well I think I'm not showing it. Thanks for your willing ear, kind words, and jolly laughter, brother.

I meet with Doreen weekly - she is a dearest friend and sister in the Lord. An older sister with much wisdom and encouragement. I thank God for being able to learn from her what it is to be a woman. Our time together on Thursday mornings is so good, so treasured. Thank You, Father, for the growth and depth in our relationships with You and with each other. May not a single moment be taken for granted; You give them generously from Your Hands of Grace. Thank You.

I am tired. Lord, give me rest and fill me up to continue in Your service.

Good night.

1 Comments:

At 9/12/2005 3:43 PM, Blogger Callmeteem said...

You do have my prayers for those needs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home