Friday, January 20, 2006

Week Two of CMA training is complete! Four exams down! Next week is our midterm for this first "mod" (every five weeks we begin two new courses). The studying is intense, but I love what I'm learning, and I very much like seeing A's at the top of my tests. We've been practicing doing patient interviews and taking vital signs this week in clinical, which has been a lot of fun - I look forward to doing it "for real" in the coming months, though I'm not sure what setting I will work in.

In a couple of hours I will go to visit my mom at her apartment for the first time. If you are reading this then, pray for us, please. I'm not sure what to expect from her or myself, really. I will listen to the Spirit. Father, may I open my mouth with wisdom; may the teaching of kindness be on my tongue. Tenderize my heart, I pray, and love her through me.

This morning walking from the parking lot to the school building (a couple blocks away) I crossed the street and caught eyes with a young man stepping out of his car. He was a senior in high school when I was a freshman, and I recognized him almost right away. He smiled and I smiled back tilting my head sideways as I do when I am intrigued or questioning and said, "Matt?" And he looked confused for a second and then smiled again, a little one, and said, "How are ya?" I assumed by the first smile that he recognized me, but guessing from the second, confused one, I don't think he did. Anyway, I didn't have time to stop and chat. I'm not sure why I'm blogging about it even, except that it's always a bit strange seeing someone who was once daily in your life, and then hasn't been thought of for years. He could be a completely different person from when I last "knew" him - he could be a new creation. hm.

Well, I have an hour and a half before I meet my mom. yes! I can read my Bible and write a letter to my Lord. I love doing that.

I hope you are well, reader. I'm signing off.

7 Comments:

At 1/22/2006 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always good to like what you're studying. Otherwise studying would simply be obnoxious. ;)

 
At 1/23/2006 5:28 PM, Blogger fisherofmen_matt_4_19 said...

whew...so many new things daily for you...

 
At 1/26/2006 2:15 AM, Blogger Charlie said...

Oh! I was supposed to tell you what the praise report was all about! My good friend from work, Luke, is now actually wanting to be involved in discipleship and all that. God is always amazing!!

BTW, if you haven't already, you should check out www.myspace.com/birdfluarmy

Get the real facts about bird flu *wink*

 
At 1/26/2006 12:00 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Charlie, I tried to go to the bird flu army site from the computer at school, and it said, "This site has been deemed inappropriate by Seacoast Career School." haha! I don't know... maybe it's the syptoms list?? :) They don't want us misdiagnosing patients who sing in the shower? talk to you later

 
At 1/27/2006 2:27 PM, Blogger Charlie said...

That's ok. You can check it up sometime whenever you get to a non-school related computer. In either case, I praise God that He gives me these new things to write about every day from His word. It's such a blessing to me, no matter who reads them! Hopefully I get a chance to chat with you again soon! God bless!

 
At 1/28/2006 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tag. Sorry, but, you're it. ;)

 
At 1/28/2006 11:28 PM, Blogger Matthew said...

I enjoyed this, a sweet glimpse into a day in your life - the sincere prayer before one faces a challenge, the transient moments of a long-forgotten/remembered familiar, tiny flickering of the flames of one's day.

Joy in the details.

Selah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home