Friday, March 17, 2006

Back to blogging

The pace again slows down for a brief while as I ready for a journey. Term two of Medical Assistant training finished yesterday, and I'm taking this next modular off class to travel to Ankara, Turkey for the first half of April. There I will be living with a kindergarden and fourth grade teacher (both single Christian women) and helping them in their classrooms. The business administrator of the school is a man from my home church here; he, his wife, and two children moved to Turkey several years ago for this position. Mainly, I go for the relational and cultural experience - and to offer whatever help may be useful.

Until April 2nd, when I depart, I have this rare abundance of time Monday - Thursday when I would normally be at school. The availability is a welcome respite.

I've been reading Elisabeth Elliot's words on masculinity and femininity recently in "The Mark of a Man" and "Let me be a Woman." Now that I'm able to write beyond my daily journallings, I will share some thoughts thereon.

Not today, however. Eli will be here shortly - a two-year-old red head with the firey personality to match his crop - and then I will go to youth group.

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home