Wednesday, July 19, 2006

All in a day's grace

This is so great! We have a missions seminar in October (last year was the first of a decidedly annual event), and our second speaker just confirmed that he would be able to commit!!! Woohoo! He's a pastor in Brooklyn, NY of a church whose family is primarily former substance abusers, prostitutes, homeless people (who've found a Home that cannot be lost!!) ... Edwin Colon is the man - he as a drug user himself before he came to Christ. The church started as a Bible study in his home. He does not possess a pastoral degree. The work the Lord has done through him is awesome. I'm so excited!!! I love being part of the missions team, too, and helping this whole process come together. I am working on a press release. I'll post it when complete.

I heard back today from a local hospital that I had applied to volunteer at! I will return her call tomorrow and we'll set up an interview! Yay! It may be a lead-in for my externship. Or it may not. Either way, it will be good experience. The neat thing is that they use their volunteers as they are skilled. Some hospitals limit volunteers to delivering flowers or working in the gift shop. Actually, I would love delivering flowers and visiting with patients. I will love doing whatever they have for me to do!

I went to ballet class again tonight. There is an adult class Wednesday nights for the month of July. And because I'm an alumnus, it's FREE. Bonus. I love dancing - when God knit me together, He made me a dancer. Even though my technique leaves MUCH to be desired (four years out of training will do that), it is so good. In the fall, I will continue to take class as my new schedule allows. There are two other women in the classes: Susan and Mandy. Susan is probably late 40s? She came late so I didn't get to talk to her much. Mandy is my age; just graduated with English/Education majors and will begin teaching high school, beginning-level English in the fall. She did ballet when she was 3, then became a gymnast. I was the opposite. Gymnast-turned dancer. She plans to continue dancing in the fall, also. I look forward to knowing her better.

I hope my husband likes to dance. That would be swell. If he loves to dance, that would be sweller. :) Though, if he loves the Lord with his whole heart, mind, soul, and strength, and truly loves others out of that Love, then he can have two left feet. :)

I dropped into my mom's after ballet (I'd gone to see her right after school, but she wasn't home) - I dropped in just to say hello and ended up staying two hours - just sitting on the sofa talking. We are becoming friends again, and it is so good. I've missed her. Keep praying for her. She is learning much. Also pray for Rich - he is her boyfriend. I haven't been able to spend time with him, yet, so I only know what she has told me about him. Pray I may be an honest and graceful witness; humbly Loving.

Tomorrow I am leaving school after my second class to go to a funeral of my dear Betty's husband Duncan. He was 92 and very ready; Betty said she didn't know if he was a believer. He'd had a stroke seven years ago. He knew my dad, actually. Pray my dad may come to the funeral, also, and be softened to the gospel. My dear Betty - she is a beautiful, gracious woman. So caring of others. Today during the wake she sat and held my hand, introducing me to her children and grandchildren before I even had time to introduce myself. :) We are family, too. I love her very much.

3 Comments:

At 7/20/2006 12:03 AM, Blogger Matthew said...

Best wishes in all of these pursuits and in all you put your hand to... may you count it all joy.

 
At 7/20/2006 4:17 PM, Blogger fisherofmen_matt_4_19 said...

so many opportunities to show Christ in so many ways :) be strong and courageous, sis...

 
At 7/22/2006 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God has opened many doors to you; I know that you will strive to glorify God as you step through each of them...be encouraged that you are prayed for, sis...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home