Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Today's hours found my mom and I together in the kitchen, baking cookies and making soups which we enjoyed ourselves and then brought to my aunt Sara this evening. She gave birth to Morgan almost three weeks ago... what a precious little girl. I held her, asleep and peaceful except for a few little grunts and stretches and murmurs; stood up to rock her when she woke for a moment and her face crinkled up with the beginnings of a cry. She lulled back into slumber as I sang quietly words of grace... prayers over a tiny life in the care of two unbelievers.

I see in my mom evidence of the Lord working. It seems this coming year will see her back in her Father's house and worshipping. There are so many pieces that fit into God's dealings with us... She asked how Derek and I relate spiritually -- do we pray together? What does that look like? And we're studying Ephesians together - what is Ephesians about? She has asked for my discipleship books - to study the essential doctrines of the faith. It is interesting... this time she is seeking God while her life is "together" - rather than looking for a way to fix things.

2 Comments:

At 12/24/2006 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Pippi! :)

 
At 1/05/2007 10:14 PM, Blogger fisherofmen_matt_4_19 said...

glad to know that your holidays were joyful :) you're not forgotten here in illynoise...ten-four

 

Post a Comment

<< Home