Tuesday, October 31, 2006

So I have a new friend - or rather, a new aquaintance who is a brother in Christ who may become a friend. This is the stage of relating that I truly don't care for. I like being comfortable with people; knowing that they are trustworthy and trusting them; being known. I like when my quirks are expected and welcomed. Right now they're surprising, albeit seemingly endearing. ??? Then, I respond to his the same way. And it's fun, actually. So perhaps discovering my quirkiness is fun for him... If not, well, I guess we'll remain aquaintances. :)

3 Comments:

At 10/31/2006 5:01 PM, Blogger Matthew said...

Oh yeah, finding out all the quirks and idiosyncrasies - those are the best of times.

Enjoy them and their timorous awkwardnesses, even if the relationship only goes so far as friendship - for there is no loss in the gaining of another friend? :)

 
At 10/31/2006 9:01 PM, Blogger fisherofmen_matt_4_19 said...

it is such a unique time in a relationship...containing both the safety of not knowing and the slight timidity of beginning to...may the Lord use it all for His glory :)

 
At 10/31/2006 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

without all the quirks, we'd be pretty dull people indeed... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home