Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Are you convinced?

One driving passion has carried through my life as its path has winded and determined and at times re-directed to where I am today: I care about people. I want to be one who is defined by compassion for others; a person whose life is effective. My name may be forgotten, but I pray those who are in my path will know they were valued, and will in turn value themselves and the people around them.

Until recently, I wasn't sure which avenue I would like to take in pursuit of that ideal, but it has become clear. In January I began a Medical Assistant training program and fell in love with medicine. I want to continue in school beyond this certification and become a nurse. An Army ROTC scholarship would provide four years of education in a nursing program that I would never be able to afford otherwise. That would be invaluable to me! Also invaluable would be the training in leadership and management, and the opportunities to work with diverse populations across the United States and abroad.

I am an adaptor. I thrive in surroundings that challenge me to observe and modify and learn quickly in order to make the situation successful. I am teachable and as willing to follow as to be followed. I apply for this scholarship with excitement! I have the potential to be a high quality member of the Army's medical team, and I would love to have my leadership and clinical skills honed by the best.

I also want to note that I would be honored to care for our soldiers and their families, whether States-side or in Germany, Korea, or on the field. I would consider it a priviledge to be part of their hands-on support, helping them complete their mission. I would gladly accept my career obligation of serving active duty in the Nurse Corps for four years if I receive an Army ROTC scholarship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home