Sunday, August 20, 2006

Bits n pieces of thoughts at the moment...

  • My mom is reading the Word again!!!! Hallelujah! She went to a Catholic Mass this morning and it "just wasn't enough" - it was all readings "straight from the Bible" but "there was no life in it" ... :) ... mmhm. So she went home and read her Bible - for a couple hours! WOW.
  • My aunt Nancy is looking for churches to try - and my mom said she'll come with her to our church if she'd like to go. (Aunt Nan is my mom's eldest sister. She's my cousin Laura[who just had Maggie]'s mom.)
  • My brother and I are driving to New Jersey on Friday to go to Six Flags together. :)
  • My uncle Steven is up visiting from Georgia with his wife Kim (who's expecting their second) - I'm going to ask him if he wants to go have coffee or a drink or something because every time he's come to visit we've had the strangest interaction - or circumstances to be in - and I would really like to just sit one-on-one and get to know each other a little. Last time he was here it was Thanksgiving at my dad's house; they were still living together, but mom was having an affair; we all knew (my dad, brother, and I) but no one else did. The divorce was planned, but kept under "for the holidays." Needless to say, it was uncomfortable and I was not myself.
  • College applications are gruelling and tedious.
  • When I have something major to write (major as in, I so want to write my heart as it is, and convey all that is there...) it's extremely laborious getting the words down. (and usually they only end up coming out by waking me up in the middle of the night and writing until complete.) Current workings: a letter to Elisabeth Elliot. Why is saying "thank you" so hard? She lives in Massachusettes. I would love to meet her. I think I've started and crumpled at least six first pages - maybe seven will be the number to rest at. :)
  • I got a "video letter" in the mail from Julie and James (J and I lived together in the Bronx) "Year two in Review" - pics and footage from their second year of marriage in California. Julie is going through Law School and James is earning his doctorate in Theology... Both also working... yowzas. They're so cute, though. I will write her a letter tomorrow.
  • I miss my friends far away...
  • I wonder what God is orchestrating... the possible chartings of the course are many and would each bring an adventure completely different from the others... I wonder which He has chosen - or if He's chosen another altogether that I haven't even glimpsed, yet. I wonder that for my friends' paths, as well... And I wonder if He may intersect our roads again anytime soon...
  • My friend Patrick no longer works at the deli - he's moved on to better things :) - and I miss him singing and dancing and making me laugh. He did, however, teach me to make pizza as he made it (the Papa Gino's way) and so perhaps I can at least stay connected through the stretching and saucing of that beautiful dough... :)
  • My obsessive compulsive cleaning and organization of the deli seems to be intensifying... But I think it may just be compensating for the crew members that don't care at all... Curtis, thank you again for caring and for staying late to do our job well - God is glorified.
  • My mom is going to do her grocery shopping with Beth (Andy's wife) - so Beth won't have to walk 40 mins each way to the store and backpack their groceries! And what a great opportunity for them to get to know each other. Mom wants to have A&B over for dinner with herself and Rich. So cool.

Well, of course I could go on thoughts and more thoughts and possibilities... but goodnight.

2 Comments:

At 8/21/2006 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is encouraging to hear that your mom is in the Word again!...God is good...keep on keeping on, sis...

 
At 8/21/2006 3:46 PM, Blogger fisherofmen_matt_4_19 said...

so much God in it all...what joy :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home