Monday, August 07, 2006

Thank you, PMC riders!

That show Amazing Race should have one of its clues hidden in an obscure location in Boston, and it must be found BY CAR. It'd be hilarious.

Last night Kari-Lynn, Han, Marge, Eli, and I drove down to meet Wendy after the PMC ride... Kari-Lynn driving her car, Hannah navigating, Eli in the backseat; Marge and I following them in Marge's car (me driving). In a more ideal situation, I would have navigated Kari-Lynn driving and Marge and Hannah followed us. But as it were... As we drove in circles and asked a few people for directions and then ended up following the original directions (which did in fact lead to where we needed to be!) we were having fun on one part... but G-Ma was not having fun, and was getting angrier by the wrong turn. And she was in my passenger seat.

See, I don't mind being lost. We had plenty of time (though it be dwindling) and we discovered lots of new places in Boston that we hadn't known how to get to before, and we got to talk to two or three men working along the street and make them laugh (with us). I kept wanting to joke about it and enjoy the circuitous ride, but I couldn't because my co-driver wasn't amused. At all.
So everytime I made eye contact with Kari-Lynn in her mirrors, I'd start laughing on the inside and biting my lip so it wouldn't burst to the outside and cause infuriation.

The most funniest thingest: We left home at 4:30pm, planning to be an hour and a half early (for Marge's nerves' sake). We arrived in Boston at 5:30pm as planned, but then took the extra hour and a half winding around, getting back on track, and making it to the seaport to park - and right as we got there and parked and ran to the pier, the ferry came in with Wendy on it, and we were right where we needed to be right when we needed to be there! And Kari-Lynn and I just looked at each other laughing and said (with our leis and neon plastic party hats and posters raised):

GOD IS SO GOOD!

Amen. :D There was no need to be worrying.

Such is the case with the job I'm looking for. I feel a bit as though I'm winding around and not knowing where I'm going, and that I should be there by now, but in this as in driving to Boston, the timing is perfect. It just isn't yet.

1 Comments:

At 8/07/2006 1:22 PM, Blogger fisherofmen_matt_4_19 said...

oi...directions really are hard because there's just so many! i admit that i find being lost mostly hysterical as well...unless it's really dark...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home