Friday, August 04, 2006

Then Sings my soul...

Hannie is playing the piano behind me, singing with the beautiful voice God has gifted her with. I am so blessed to be part of this family.

Wendy left this morning for the Pan-Massachusettes Challenge, a 192 mile bike ride raising money for the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. They ride Saturday and Sunday. We'll all drive down to Cape Cod to meet her by ferry at the finish. I love how this family celebrates: Moments are enjoyed and savored, things are not rushed through without being appreciated. It makes for a richness and gratefulness that is so good.

The oppressive heat has subsided, thank goodness. It really was awful. This morning it poured, but that has subsided, as well. Hannah was sick the same time as me - we both spent last night with fevers again. Today, however, I think it's really coming to an end. We have a day to rest. Rain and resting... hmm... sounds like a good day to watch a movie. I think I will see if there are any on tv.

One thing about those bugs - they do make one slow down. And this one here has definitely needed to slow down. :)

All is well. Take care.

2 Comments:

At 8/04/2006 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the rain...reminds me of washing and renewal...of grace ever sufficient...hmmm.
Glad to hear you are feeling well once more...

 
At 8/04/2006 3:41 PM, Blogger fisherofmen_matt_4_19 said...

hmmm...same situation here...seven days of intensely humid air, ~100 degrees...two days of fever...an enormous downpour...followed by the joy of relief...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home