Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Forever friends

There are some days that hold a specific "missing" for friends faraway. Yesterday I missed Karissa. Acutely.

Karissa is my beautiful sister - the kind of beautiful that makes everyone around her beautiful. The kind of beautiful that frees your spirit, and allows you to be who God made you to be. She and I are kindreds; like-minded, equally devoted to our Lord, both having hearts to love and know deeply... prayer warriors for each other... sisters by the Blood.

I called her last night after work... she is a tour director in Alaska for the season, and we had about five minutes before she had to hang up and help a guest. Just long enough to say "hello" and "I love you," and share snippet updates. :) But that is ok. "Hello and I love you" is always a good thing to hear from so beloved a heart. Just to stay connected. I'll try her again another day for the full catching up that we both miss.

Praise God for brothers and sisters. True kindreds are few and far between, and so precious. Thank You for them, Father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home