Sunday, October 01, 2006

happenings...

Tomorrow is "Employee Appreciation Day" at the coffeeshop. The store will be closed; we're going paintballing! :) This will be a first for me. My only weaponry experience is grasshopper hunting with a bb gun revolver (a favorite summer pass-time of my brother's and mine in our earlier years...).

I had dinner with my mom, brother, and mom's boyfriend tonight. Heath and I had a good talk on the drive home - there were questions I had never asked that God gave opportunity for, and though there weren't clear answers, there is clearly thinking going on. Please pray for him. He's also in a transition right now; he is looking for a new job and seeing the state of his life as it is - "I don't get lonely... I get drunk..." but not wanting to be with people who aren't living the same lifestyle... and yet enjoying my company (that's such grace right there) ... not refusing to be loved... I think it's all new for him. New to have someone want to care about him and listen and encourage and meet him where he's at. God meets us where we're at. That has been a theme of late... I just love my brother. As Wendy reminded me tonight, it's huge that we are even at the point that we're at now - that we are glad to spend time together - when we used to not be able to stand each other and always end up butting heads. God is working. I will be patient as He is patient and fight for my family in prayer. Thy will be done, Father.

Tomorrow I will turn twenty-three. More thoughts on that when we come to it.

1 Comments:

At 10/02/2006 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is encouraging to see the Spirit working through you...Heath is a tough nut to crack, but the Father's Love is irresistable...The Lord's will be done...Happy Birthday, sis... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home