Sunday, October 22, 2006

Selah.

The writer's voice is quiet again of late - not suppressed or wearied, just quiet. Waiting. Many questions unanswered, doors unopened... I learn the intimacy of my Lord in His silence; a gift Oswald Chambers makes me aware of, deeper than the constant answers God has been faithful to give in the past when I required them of Him. Now I wait, glad to know His fellowship, if not the working of His hands.

My dad in Christ, that is Wayne, has a myeloproliferative disorder: his bone marrow is producing too many white blood cells. It may or may not be leukemia - we await test results to possibly rule that out. The thought of losing him is obviously not a pleasant one; but I pray should that day come soon (or later, really) that my heart will rejoice as he is finally free and in perfect communion with Christ in heaven. How could I wish to hold him back for my own comfort? Knowing he is with God forevermore should be a far greater comfort to me than having him here. Likewise with all those I love.

My brother Heath and I grow closer to each other - such a joy to my heart! Oh, that God's Spirit would open his eyes and break his heart and, having humbled him, exalt him in Christ! Fervently pray I for his soul; expectantly, I hope for God's glory.

1 Comments:

At 10/22/2006 1:51 PM, Blogger fisherofmen_matt_4_19 said...

mmm...of late there have been many reminders that as physical beings in a fallen world this life is a vapor...i'll keep wayne in prayer...

it is joy to know of growth in your relationship with Heath :) already an answer to prayer :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home