Friday, November 17, 2006

A cord of three

My friend Karissa is coming to visit for a few days in two weeks. I was thinking of things we could do while she's here, and then I thought, "Why not just join in the ministry God has given me?" So we'll be ministering to my family together, and I'm so excited. She will find so much joy in that, as will my fam and myself! She arrives Wednesday mid-morning (but it will feel like early morning to her). First stop: coffee and breakfast and lots of catching up. Then we'll decide what we feel like making for dinner and get whatever groceries. We're cooking for Heath and hanging out with him for the evening. If we leave in time, we can go to prayer meeting. Or we can stay with Heath. However God leads.

Thursday my aunt Sarah is having a C-section, so we'll go visit her and my uncle Pete and the new baby Morgan and whomever else is up visiting. Thursday night we'll help my mom make dinner and then spend the evening with her and Rich (her boyfriend). He is "wanting to expand spiritually" - I don't know if that will come up while we're there, but we can love them.

Friday a.m. is Ladies' Bible study - I'm so glad Karissa will meet these women. They are so dear; and that they will meet her. She is also so dear. :) I meet Fridays (when we're both available)with Doreen for discipleship - Karissa will join us. yay. Then Friday night is a Bible study at Derek's brother and sister-in-law's home in Mass. We may go out to dinner with him and his friend Evan beforehand. That'd be fun.

She leaves early Saturday morning. Of course, all is subject to change (as life always is, and usually does), but that's an outline of possibility.

Friends are so good. Such gifts, each one of them.

2 Comments:

At 11/17/2006 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good friends are such a blessing...

Hope you ladies have fun whatever you may do, but knowing you, I know you will.... :)

 
At 11/18/2006 3:35 PM, Blogger fisherofmen_matt_4_19 said...

so exciting :) it's so neat that such joy fashions all love into service for Christ...it's fabulous...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home