Sunday, January 14, 2007

Being at my faithful home church was emotional for me today. I had planned on going to Calvary with Derek, and halfway there realized I needed to be with my family. So I drove the rest of the way to let D know I wouldn't be staying and then headed to Faith.

I realized today that I am at a crossroads and to follow God is to lay my life down and follow Derek. Not this instant; we are not married. But it is coming, and as I worshiped my God with praise and thanksgiving, part of me mourned the life I will lay down.

So today I treasured my time with those who have raised me in the faith. And yet as I stood to sing, I missed the voice I now love singing beside me. I suddenly understood: my belonging has become elsewhere. That is, where he is, I belong there with him.

2 Comments:

At 1/15/2007 4:24 PM, Blogger Matthew said...

Wonderful words. You're in my prayers, Sister.

 
At 1/18/2007 3:29 PM, Blogger fisherofmen_matt_4_19 said...

hmm...humble words...be strong, sis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home