Sunday, February 25, 2007

a moment's passing recollections and reflections before I get dressed for church...

Hannie and Wen left early this morning for their annual week of skiing vacation -- Han and I bundled up and packed their equipment and bags and coolers into the back of the car before they left. It will be a quiet week without them - a respite at first, and then Marge and I will miss the joking and laughing. It will be a week of intentionally spending more time with Marge so she doesn't get too lonely. Likely Derek will come make dinner with us - he is good at teasing the same way Wendy is, and Marge needs that.

I've been journalling with pen and notebook for the past few months moreso than typing - at some point I hope to share excerpts - notebooks travel far easier than this ol' computer, and so I haven't used it much.

I'm working full time for the podiatrist I interned with now. I love it - our patients are dear to my heart, and truly I enjoy the two doctors and the other office women. God is using me there, subtly and slowly, and I am praying for moved hearts. The chief doctor is Catholic - admittedly ritualistically so (there is little reverence, save for the clergy (none evident for God Himself); no loving worship). Annette and Stacy are Catholic, as well. Betty, I'm not sure of. We have a couple believing patients that I know of.

My mom is coming to meet my new church family on March 11th. God continues to break her down, gently and lovingly. I'm so thankful to be there to love her through it and speak of His goodness.

Derek and I have a shared heart for our families - the Lord has just been so GOOD in this.

We both are being refined and refined - purified separately and together. God is so patient and merciful in picking us back up and strengthening us to start again. I always wondered what it would be like to have a partner in the walk... encouraging and challenging each other; praying and studying and sharing together -- WOW; and it's not even daily, yet.

Wayne continues in Saudi. Two more months. I am missing him. Much love from other people, and "parents" who've adopted D and I at our church, but I miss my Dad. He is being used there, though. Pretty awesome testimonies.

Perhaps more later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home